Step 1 - Learn About the Company
Like any relationship we expect that you get to know a little about us in the same way that we hope to know a little more about you. A few things about us we’d like to share:
- The first centre was opened in Maitland, NSW, Australia in 1974. The first South African Centre opened in Amanzimtoti in 1996.
- Co-founder Kip McGrath is a former school principal.
- All Kip McGrath Education Centres are owned by franchisees.
- There are now 680 Kip McGrath Education Centres in 20 countries around the world.
- In August 2003 the company was taken public and listed on the Australian stock exchange.
- Last year Kip McGrath Education Centres earned approximately $80 million in tutoring fees.
- Our founders Kip and Dugnija McGrath are still on our Board along with their son Storm.
- The Master Franchisees, Brian and Retha Sleigh are still actively developing and running the local franchise network.
- We remain very committed to our franchisees and have plans to further generate income by introducing online courses that will channel new students into Centres.
- The company is based in Newcastle, NSW where it was born.
to read what some of our other franchise owners say.
Step 2 – Ask for a Stage 1 Information Pack
We’ve prepared some special information for potential franchisees which we’re happy to post or email to you. When you receive your information take the time to read through it carefully. Make a note of any questions, ideas or comments you have then you can move to Step 3.
Request an Information Pack
Review current Established Centres for sale
See what New Areas are available
Step 3 - Complete Your Statement of Interest
As part of your Stage 1 Information Pack you will receive a ‘statement of interest form’.
Please return the completed form and your Curriculum Vitae to our Head Office:
Mr Brian Sleigh
Kip McGrath Education Centres
P.O. Box 2038
Fax: 031 903 6445
Once we receive your information your application will be reviewed by our team to see if you meet our criteria.
Remember to own a Kip McGrath Education Centre you must:
- Really care that children are literate and numerate.
- Be willing to learn our business methods that are taught in our training courses.
- Be able to interact with the teachers employed in the Centre.
- Be a trained and qualified teacher.
Step 4 – Let’s Talk
Once we’ve received your statement of interest form and we’re happy with the information you’ve supplied, we’ll call you to discuss your application and chat about how you see your business working. We’re also happy to answer any preliminary questions you may have including set-up costs, training, site selection and potential profit.
Step 5 - Reviewing the Fine Print
After we have spoken we will send you copies of agreements, the disclosure document, the franchisee code of conduct and details of upcoming franchisee training and accommodation. We'll also send you copies of maps for any territories you've mentioned you're interested in. We ask that you review all documents carefully and discuss them with your solicitor and/or accountant before proceeding.
Step 6 - Time to Meet
Finally, we'll arrange for you to have an interview at our Head Office in Durban KZN or if that's too far we can arrange a meeting in your nearest city or town.
The interview will take two to three hours. During this time we will answer any questions you may have. After this interview - if you wish to proceed - you are required to pay a deposit to secure your area. If you wish to secure the area before the interview, refundable deposits are acceptable.
You can then sign up for the next available training course.Congratulations! You have now begun the exciting journey of owning your own successful private tutoring business.